DescriptionGo to top
For protecting central heating systems against boiler scale, corrosion and bacterial growth. Prevents frequent venting, jamming of pumps, cold zones in radiators and clogging. Also suitable for combination boilers and underfloor heating.
Sealant gun, radiator key, Allen key
Preparation of product
Cutting the nozzle of the injector supplied to the correct diameter and screw it to the venting valve of the radiator. Cut the cone-shaped head at the top of the cartridge down to the screw thread with a sharp knife. Screw the blue cap of the injector as far as possible on the thread of the cartridge and insert the cartridge into a sealant gun.
Directions for use
- Preferably, first clean the system with CV-Restorer.
- 1. Turn the system off and let it cool.
- 2. Isolate a radiator from the rest of the installation by closing the radiator valve and foot control valve. If this is not possible, the product can also be added via the filling hose.
- 3. Remove the venting pin.
- 4. Cut the injector to the correct diameter and screw it into the thread of the breather.
- 5. Remove the foil, screw the cap on the cartridge and place it in a sealant gun.
- 6. Mount the injector on the cap.
- 7. Open the radiator valve or foot control valve, inject the entire contents and close the valve.
- 8. Release the pressure from the radiator by pressing the pin on the caulking gun.
- 9. Remove the injector from the radiator.
- 10. Mount the venting pin and turn the radiator valve and foot control valve open.
- 11. Turn the system on and let it run. Ensure that the entire system is open. Enter the date and place the sticker onto the boiler.
Points of attention
- A system equipped with Griffon Protector is protected for approximately three years against oxidation and boiler scale deposits. Interim replenishing or renewing the installation can reduce the protective period. After complete change of the system, repeat treatment.
- Easy to use, because the system can remain in normal operation during use.
- Keep a cloth or bucket at hand to catch the water that escapes by the overpressure when removing the venting pin.
- Simple and easy to add via the radiator or the installation’s fill valve.
- Does not attack metal (including aluminium), synthetics and other materials.
- Compatible with all other Griffon Central heating Water treatment products.
- A cartridge is sufficient to protect a heating system of moderate size (up to 10 radiators = about 100 liters). Overdose is not a problem.
Close the container properly and store in a dry, cool and frost-free location.