- Waterproof and airtight
- Very high level of permanent elasticity (900%)
- Excellent bonding to many substrates
- Durable quality: durability of minimum 20 years (tested according to EN 1297)
- Protects against corrosion and erosion
- Easy to apply
- All-weather and UV resistant
- Salt and chemical resistant
- Suitable for sealing and protecting a wide variety of materials, such as concrete, metal, stone, wood, bitumen, zinc, PVC, EPDM (test first), etc.
- For floors, partitions, walls, seams, joints, conduits and structural components. Excellent for both interior and exterior applications (bathrooms, cellars, balconies, roofs, etc.) including gutters, shower basins, conduit ducts, floor seams, expansion joints, window frame joints and ground level items. Also suitable as a waterproof layer under tiles in damp environments such as bathrooms, swimming pools, balconies, terraces, etc.
To only be used at temperatures above +5°C.
Preliminary surface treatment
Surfaces must be dry, clean, and free of dust and grease. The use of a water based acrylic primer on porous or corroded/damaged surfaces can enhance the adherence of HBS-200® and can minimalize bladder formation.
Brush, roller or airless spray device.
Directions for use
Before use, stir manually until a homogenous colour is obtained. It is not recommended to use an electric mixer with a high rotational speed for stirring. Apply in multiple layers. Preferably, let the previous layer properly dry before applying the next layer. Drying time depends on relative humidity, temperature and surface. For seam, crack and tear-bridging applications, Griffon GeoTextile should be used. Griffon GeoTextile must be applied in still wet HBS-200® Liquid Rubber. Then immediately level off with a second layer of HBS-200® Liquid Rubber. Always ensure a layer thickness of at least 2 mm after curing.
Points of attention
- To only be used at temperatures above +5°C. Stir thoroughly by hand before use, do not use an electric mixer. After approximately 60 minutes a surface skin forms, which can be loaded with (light) rainfall after 4 hours. Completely waterproof after 24 hours.
- At lower temperatures and humid weather conditions, take longer drying times into account.
- If a joint sealant is used in combination with HBS-200® Liquid Rubber / Rubber Tix, we strongly recommend to use a neutral silicone sealant, for example Griffon S-200, to prevent discoloration of the sealant.
Immediately remove wet residue with water, Griffon Wipes or Griffon Hand Cleaner. Dried residue can only be removed mechanically.
Properly sealed packages should be stored in a dry, cool, frost-proof location at temperatures between +5°C and +25°C.